II Corinthians 10:5

"Casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ."

November 11, 2008

Veteran's Day 2008


PLEASE REMEMBER ME

Remember me, America, for I was once your son

I fought and died at Valley Forge with General Washington;
I was there at Gettysburg on that tragic, tragic day When brother fought against brother -the Blue against the Gray.
I rode with Teddy Roosevelt on the charge up San Juan Hill
Some came back to fight again-but I just lie there still,

I went to France with A.E.F. to bring the peace to you.

I'm still here at Pearl Harbor since that December seventh day of infamy.
Lying silently with shipmates on the U.S. S. Arizona at the bottom of the sea.
D-Day June 6th 1944, we hit the beaches of Normandy and we fought up hill every inch of the way.

We routed the Germans and hurled them back but what a terrible price we had to pay.
I served on a U.S. submarine, the bravest of the brave
Until a German depth charge gave us a watery grave I bombed the Ploesti Oil fields,
they blew with one big roar

But in the attack we were hit with flack-I'll never bomb anymore:
In Korea I heard the C.O. shout "we'll make it - I'm sure we will"I lost my life to try and take a spot called Pork Chop Hill.

Vietnam! Vietnam! When will we learn
I'm one of sixty thousand who never will return.
I left my town, my wife, my kids, my home so cozy and warm
I was killed in a Scud attack in a war called--Desert Storm!

And so in my eternity my thoughts are all for thee
I'll never forget my America
-- I pray she remembers me.

by John Dirusso WWII A.F. Combat Veteran


I am an American Soldier.
I am a Warrior and member of a team. I serve the people of the United States and live the Army Values.
I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.
I am disciplined,. physically and mentally tough, trained and proficient in my warrior tasks and drills. I always maintain my arms, my equipment and myself.
I am an expert and I am a professional.
I stand ready to deploy, engage, and destroy the enemies of the United States of America in close combat.
I am guardian of freedom and the American way of life.
I am an American Soldier.



To all veterans: Thank you! Thank you for your selfless sacrifice on behalf of me and our country. God bless you!

Thank you Lord for people like my brother Brian, and both of my grandpas, who served our country so faithfully!


DW

No comments: